Comments : Leave a Comment »
Tags: About me, Badgers, DC, Madison, swimming, Wisconsin
Categories : Just Me
My coworker who writes our internal newsletter asked me to be the staff member to answer the Spotlight Questions this month. I’ve never done one of the answer 7 or 11 or whatever questions blog posts, but thought since I was answering these anyways I would share them. I also won’t tag anyone in this and actually don’t need anyone to copy these. I’m mostly just bored at work right now.
What do you like most about living in Wisconsin?
Being close to my family and being able to go to Badger games.
Is your favorite meal something you cook, or something you go out for, and what is it?
My favorite meal is almost anything my mom cooks. She makes phenomenal food from the basics to gourmet.
What was a hobby you had as a child you don’t have anymore?
Swimming. I used to swim 5-6 days a week from age 9-18. Now I don’t remember the last time I was in a pool. I still love the smell of a pool though.
What were you doing prior to working at
Graduate school in Washington, DC.
If you could go back and talk to yourself the day after you graduated from high school, what would you tell yourself?
You aren’t even close to being grown up. Enjoy this summer, but it’s not the end of your youth. Also, you won’t regret choosing to go to school in Madison. It turns out to be one of the best decisions you ever made.
Comments : 2 Comments »
Tags: Half Marathon, Madison, Madison Mini Marathon, race goals, Racing Buddy, running, Running Friends, Running Goals
Categories : races
Race day is in two days. The Madison Mini, a race that didn’t exist until I moved away from Madison. And now I finally get to run it. I have never run a half marathon in Madison. This seems to shock some people, but I wasn’t a distance runner when I lived there. For most of the summer I was thinking this would just be a fun long run through Madison, especially after I registered for Lakefront. But now we are two days away and we have the most perfect magical race weather forecast ever. Seriously, we are all giddy about it.
And we get this!
- Run another fun race with Sara
- Don’t Die
- Crazy over the top Goal: PR – I can’t even write what crazy number that is without causing myself anxiety.
- A Goal: 1:53:xx
- B Goal: Sub 1:55
- C Goal: Sub 2 hours
This is going to be a great weekend. I get to see lots of friends, meet twitter friends, and spend a weekend in one of my favorite cities.
Comments : 1 Comment »
Tags: Badger Basketball, Madison, Winter
Categories : Badgers, friends, Just Me
1. I said I was going to not over schedule myself this year. I have already failed miserably. I am busy every weekend this month. Oops. I swear I will get better at this. I need a weekend at home every now and again. Instead I apparently try to fit in as much as possible. This weekend includes dog sitting, trail running, a bridal shower, a possible 5K and Madison.
2. I’m going to Madison this weekend to go to a Badger basketball game with Jen on Sunday. I can’t wait. They remembered how to play tonight and beat a good team so I am a little less nervous for Nebraska at home. On top of Badger basketball we get to watch the Packers, chat about tris, ragnar, Revenge and who knows what else. I haven’t seen her since the Indiana football game.
3. Winter is finally here! I love snow. I love winter. I do not enjoy driving in the snow. I’m actually a little disappointed in how bad the roads still were at 8:30. Come on Wisconsin, you have the plows. I wish I could work from home tomorrow, but I do not have that luxury.