I’ve really been thinking about what my goals are for this race. Initially this year my goal was to break 1:55 in March, but I strained my
*(&$##@* hamstring, and then break 1:50 later this year. Since my training has been up and down and all over the place since the National Half in March I am looking at RnR Chicago as a test of where I am at.
Crazy Audacious Goal: Break 1:55 A Goal: PR (Sub 1:56:30)
- B Goal: Sub 2:00 hours (If I don’t do this I will throw a silent fit. The only time I have ever finished above 2 hours was my very first half marathon).
***This is really the goal I am going for. I have fall races in cooler weather where I will be trying for the other goals.
- C Goal: Finish better than my first half
- Weather, both temp and the evil, evil humidity
- The fact that my body can just not do what I want on race day
- Race day is always unpredictable
Goals for the weekend in Chicago:
- Have fun!
- Remember that I love racing.