I immediately knew what my goal was for this race. I have wanted to break 1:55 since August of last year when I ran the Bronx Half where I came so close. I am ready for this. I felt great two weeks ago at the Army 10 and really believe I can hold it for another 3 miles. I checked the forecast for the first time today and it looks good so far. I am going to try and behave and not check again until Thursday.
- A Goal: Break 1:55
- B Goal: PR – Sub 1:56:30
- C Goal: Sub 2:00 hours
- Have fun, which will be easy
- Hang with some of my favorite ladies– Jenn, Mo, and Kelsey!
- Not get overly stressed about the Badger game. I think this is the least likely to happen. It’s a big one. Possibly the Badgers kryptonite, playing at Spartan Stadium. I really shouldn’t have so much hatred for East Lansing considering I was born there, but I do. Most people are still upset over the loss last year. I still remember the romping in 2004.
- Allow myself to buy something at the expo as long as it is not Nike Tempo shorts or a running tank
- Remember to take pictures