Ragnar is only
two weeks 4 days away! Two weeks. I don’t know about all of you, but I am getting pretty excited. I can’t wait to see all my teammates. I can’t wait to run and be sleep deprived. I want to relive it all.
But before we get to all the fun and craziness we need to pack and organize. I am sharing my list from years past that has been adapted and updated. Items are in no particular order. Feel free to add suggestions.
- Running jacket/warmer layer, it might cool off at night
- Comfy pants
- 3 pairs of shorts (maybe capris depending on the forecast)
- 3 shirts
- 4 pairs of socks (you just don’t know, okay?)
- Running shoes (2)
- Comfortable shoes/sandals
- Medication (if needed. I always pack ibuprofen).
- Outlet expander (very helpful if you have one. Everyone has things that need to charge).
- Sleeping bag(s)/blanket
- Cooler (only 1 per van)
- Nuun, water (or drink of choice)
- Snacks (Bring what you like, share)
- plastic bags
- head lamp (required)
- Blinky light (required)
- flashlights (Nice to have)
- towel, maybe
- reflective vest(s) (Required)
- Garmin & cords
- gallon size zip lock bags (with each running outfit in one)
- Hat/Visor and/or sunglasses
- Baby Wipes
Be smart when packing. There is a limited amount of room in the in vans and inevitably every team will have at least one serial over-packer. I put each running outfit in a ziplock bag. That makes it easy to find and when you are done running makes it so the van doesn’t stink up. I guarantee you need less than you think you do.
Start thinking about it.
With two weeks to go there are no forecasts out there, but based on recent weather I am guessing a lot warmer than last year. It’s going to be [REDACTED] hot.
[Updated June 2016]