I’m going to ignore all the bad and the ugly this year. That was my 2016 post. There was too much of that. And you all already know about that and experienced it with me. Instead I’m going to look at the good pieces, the progress. Because I sure as hell couldn’t have imagined most of this a year ago.
- I have had three sets of clean scans! My body has no evidence of disease! I actually use the past tense now: I had cancer.
- I feel like myself again. I am running and getting stronger in yoga every week. (My SIL, the yoga instructor, told me I looked strong. PS. She’s the best!)
- I went to Italy for my niece’s first birthday and go to spend time with my brother and his family.
- I went kayaking, hiking, biking and canoeing with friends. I had no idea if and when I was going to be able to do these things.
- I attended four Badger home games! (I honestly considered not renewing my tickets last spring in fear that I wouldn’t be able to go to a game again.)
- I went to Paris over Thanksgiving and had a truly amazing trip with a great friend. We drank lots of champagne and hung out in the caves at Pommery with 18 million bottles of champagne. Also, why can’t I drink champagne everyday?
- I think less and less about the truly horribly parts of this last year.
- Friends, family, acquaintances, internet friends, all showed their true colors and let me tell you, there is so much good in this world. I might never be done thanking people for being there for me.
- And the fact that I truly never let cancer take over my life.